Trader Information & Terms
We have outlined our trader application process for both our Vintage Market and our Reworked Market. You will also find our Trader Terms.
We, Us, Our, AVVM - Refers to us, A Virtual Vintage Market.
Stallholder/Trader- individual who has a virtual stall in our Market and trades.
Customer - individual who shops and participates in our Market who does not hold a virtual stall.
Platform - Our A Virtual Vintage Market website and Instagram account through which A Virtual Vintage Market operates.
Market - Our virtual event occurring on Instagram, we run Vintage and Reworked Vintage Markets.
Stalls - a post on Market day on our IG feed, it is the Trader's virtual stall.
Trading Period - the time a Trader is a Stallholder in our Market, beginning once their stall is confirmed, and ending the day after the virtual Market.
Stock/Pieces/Products - Items for sale belonging to Stallholders.
IG - Instagram.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
At home, in the studio or in a shop - it doesn't matter where you are! Set up a stall, curate a space or stock up your rail and prepare to spend the day trading as though you were at a real market, all via Instagram.
On market day, we post a carousel style virtual stall comprising a shop front, introductory video/portrait and stock images. Customers will scroll down our feed, browsing the virtual stalls and head over to traders' pages to see what treasures await.
To ensure we are giving as many traders as possible the opportunity to participate in one of our markets, we reset our trader list at the end of each event. We believe this promotes fairness.
We do not reserve places for traders, nor do we accept payments for a permanent space.
The dates for each Market are on our website and we also state when we open for applications. This is on the Apply page.
Traders are asked to complete an application form which will be posted to this website. We will also share the link in our Instagram bio.
Having an Instagram account for your business is essential as this is how you trade in our market.
We will take into account your stock, how you merchandise garments and image quality, as presented on your Instagram page.
Having a positive and approachable feel to your brand and page is a must!
From a customer viewpoint, it is essential that our market is inclusive and that there is something for everyone - whether it be garments for curvy girls, menswear, jewellery or maternity pieces. We approach applications with a curating eye so that the market is diverse and there is not too much competition between traders selling similar garments.
Successful traders will be written to shortly after we have processed applications (usually within 1-2 working days of applications closing), if you do not hear from us, you are on our waiting list. Please do not be offended - unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive and the broader platform we run, we are no longer able to write to all applicants. Nobody is ever rejected or not welcome to trade at our markets, and there is always a chance a virtual stall will become available if there is a cancellation.
There is a fee to trade in our Markets. Stallholders trade exclusively with us over the weekend and agree to our terms when applying.
Please see below our trading policies, applicable to stall holders:
- Your stock on the day must reflect the stock referenced on your application and be merchandised as per your Instagram feed, and reflective of your brand.
- You will trade exclusively in our Market over the weekend, both Saturday and Sunday. This includes physical trading. If you book on to another event or have committed to another event, you will not be able to trade with us.
- You will not go live on Instagram or engage with other events and platforms on Market day. You are solely marketing your participation and trading in our Market.
- If you cannot access your Instagram account on the day, you will not be able to fulfil your virtual stall and trade.
- As of our October Markets, we will require stallholders to show their face and engage with customers as well as stall out at home or their studio. We have learned that having that human interaction and visibility works, and is the best way to create that IRL atmosphere virtually.
- Stallholders will be required to send us an image of their set up for the day on the morning of the Market (or day before) for their carousel.
- We as a platform do not and will not engage with or be associated with any kind of online bullying, harassment, inappropriate or lewd content. Any Stallholder found to be posting any of the aforementioned during the Trading Period risks losing their place in our Market.
- We as a platform do not and will not engage with or be associated with any inter-trader disputes. Stallholders are asked to privately resolve any issues between themselves.
- If a stallholder wishes to bring a matter to our attention that involves another stallholder, it can only concern their conduct on our platform during the Trading Period, during the day of our Market or regarding inappropriate content as already mentioned posted during the Trading Period. Please email us with the subject Complaint providing substantial evidence of an A Virtual Vintage Market policy violation. Do not DM us on IG. We will then intervene if we feel necessary.
- Trader fees are non-refundable.
For information about our Markets, please go to our Markets page.